This Bacon and egg casserole came out of pure laziness and partial cheapness. I love the souffle from Panera, but I just didn’t feel like driving to get it or paying for delivery to have it delivered. I also didn’t feel like making anything complex on a Sunday morning. So I just looked in my refrigerator and put things together and then prayed that it all came out delicious. Let me tell you this is quite a tasty casserole, with minimal ingredients. You all probably have all of the ingredients in your refrigerator, this is the simplest recipe you will ever make! Hasta la proxima!
I sprayed and lined my 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and cooking spray. Then I opened 1 container of ready to use crescent dough and ripped it into small pieces on the bottom of the pan.
Over medium high heat in a saute pan, cook 5 slices of bacon until crispy and then set aside and allow to cool.
Then crack 6 eggs in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until completely combined.
Pour eggs over crescent dough and then sprinkle with bacon.
Add your cheese over top and then bake in a 350 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the center of the casserole comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and eat immediately, or you can let it cool down. It is so tasty and flaky. Put this in your rotation for Sunday brunch! Enjoy!
Bacon and Egg Casserole
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 6 eggs
- 5 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- cooking spray
- Spray 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Add crescent dough to the bottom of the pan , I like to rip them into bite sized pieces.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl with heavy cream, salt and black pepper and mix until combined.
- Over medium high heat cook your bacon in a saute pan until crispy, set aside and let cool. Once cooled, chop up into bite sized pieces.
- Add eggs over crescent dough and sprinkle bacon over top.
- Lastly add your cheese on top, I buy pre shredded cheese, but you could certainly grate your own.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Enjoy!