I’ve had left over tahini in the refrigerator, as well as dulce leche for well over one month. I don’t like to waste food, but I was unsure what to do with these left overs. It’s times like these where different flavor combinations are born, I know what your thinking! What is she thinking? But trust me it works, tahini, banana and dulce leche meld well together. This recipe is also gluten free, I only use oat flour. Which you can make in your blender! I’ll stop yelling now, this is a easy recipe and I did it all in one bowl, well maybe two because I mashed the banana in a separate bowl. But you get the gist. Hasta la proxima!
Add your oats to your blender and blend until it resembles flour, my tahini was also completely solid. So I added that to the blender as well with some water and blended until smooth.
In a bowl add your oats, tahini, dulce leche, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, eggs and brown sugar. Mix until almost combined.
In a small bowl mash your bananas, then add to your batter and mix until just incorporated.
I sprayed my loaf pan with cooking spray and lined it with parchment paper.
Add your batter to the pan and bake in a 350 F oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
When the toothpick comes out clean remove from the oven and let cool completely before adding the dulce leche glaze.
To make the dulce leche glaze add the dulce leche and water to a bowl and mix until combined. Then spread over your banana bread, then try to stop yourself from eating the whole thing! I must say this is also a great baking project to do with your toddler. Sophia loved smashing and eating the bananas, she also enjoyed spreading the dulce leche glaze over top. Enjoy!
Tahini Banana Bread with Dulce Leche
- 1 1/2 c oats (blended in blender until it resembles flour)
- 1/2 c tahini
- 1/4 c dulce leche
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
Dulce Leche Glaze
- 2 TBS dulce leche
- 2 TBS water
- Add oats to a blender and blend until it resembles flour.
- If your tahini is really separated and hard add it to your blender with a little bit of water to make it smooth.
- In a bowl add your oats, tahini, dulce leche, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, eggs and brown sugar. Mix until almost combined.
- In a small bowl add in your bananas and mash them, then add to your batter. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Grease your loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment, make sure the parchment has some over hang.
- Add your batter to the loaf pan. In a 350 F oven add your loaf and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- While your loaf is baking, add your dulce leche and water to a bowl and mix until completely combined. It will be slightly thick.
- Let your banana bread completely cool before glazing. Once it has cooled add your glaze and enjoy!