Hello my friends, I have these almond granola cups that are going to blow your mind! They are so tasty and you can totally add this to your meal prep rotation and have a breakfast on the go situation. They are so filling and if you are really feeling fancy you could certainly add some yogurt and fresh fruit to round out your meal. But to be honest these are amazing on there own, Sophia helped make these and I had to stop her from eating the granola cups, they are that tasty! Hasta la proxima!
We begin by blending the oats and almonds in the blender, until they resemble flour. We are making oat flour and almond flour from scratch because we are awesome like that.
In a bowl add the two flours and then add in the melted coconut oil, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon,vanilla extract and honey. Mix until completely incorporated, then spray your mini muffin tins with cooking spray and begin to mold them to resemble cups. I use a cookie scoop to add into each muffin tin, which is about the same equivalent to one tablespoon.
In a 350 F oven bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown. In the mean time, in a small bowl mix in the almond butter, honey and cinnamon. Mix until combined and set aside.
I also toasted some extra slivered almonds in the oven at 200 F for about 10 minutes, just be sure to watch them and stir the almonds around every now and then. This is going to be the garnish for the top.
Once the cookie cups are out of the oven let them cool for about 20 minutes before adding the almond butter filling I added 1 teaspoon of filling to each cup, then top with the chopped toasted slivered almonds.
Absolute perfection! Enjoy!
Almond butter Granola Cups
- 1 c oats
- 1/2 c slivered almonds
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Almond butter Filling
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c toasted slivered almonds (optional but highly recommended)
- In a blender add the oats and slivered almonds and blend until it looks like powder.
- Then transfer to a bowl and add your coconut oil, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, honey and vanilla extract. Mix until completely incorporated.
- In a greased mini muffin pan scoop mixture using a cookie scoop or tablespoon. Then press the mixture into each circle and press up the sides resembling a cup.
- In a 350 F oven bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Then set aside and let cool for 15 minutes before filling.
- While the cups bake make your almond butter filling, in a small bowl add the almond butter, honey and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- In 200 F oven place slivered almonds on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, tossing it around every so often. Keep an eye on it because they can burn easily.
- Top each cookie cup with a teaspoon of almond butter mixture and then garnish each cup with your chopped toasted almonds and enjoy!