I had some leftover shredded chicken the other day, from making my tamales. Since the tamales were a hit with my family, I didn’t want the filling to go to waste. Which is how these taquitos came to be. These would be an easy weeknight meal, you could certainly use any filling you like, but this tamale filling is amazing! So lets get to it.
I wrap my tortillas in a paper towel and heat them in the microwave for 1 minute, you are doing this to make it easier to roll each tortilla.
Now add the chicken filling in the middle of the tortilla, just take 1 tortilla out and keep the other tortillas covered in the paper towel so that they stay warm.
I bought the pre shredded 3 cheese Mexican blend with taco seasoning, you could use whatever cheese you like here. The filling has a ton of flavor and spice, so a mild cheese would be ok here too.
Roll them up and place them on a greased baking sheet and then spray the taquitos with PAM or brush with any oil you like. I did this to keep them on the lighter side, but these would be fantastic fried. Place in a 350 F oven for 20 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.
Once they are done add all the fixings, I chose to add some sour cream, homemade tomatillo salsa, queso fresco, avocado and radishes. But you can add whatever you like. Enjoy! Hasta la proxima!
Easy Chicken Taquitos
- 10 corn tortillas
- left over shredded chicken from tamales
- 3 cheese mexican blend with taco seasoning (pre-shredded)
- PAM or whatever oil you like
- Any toppings you like, I used sour cream, homemade tomatillo salsa, queso fresco, diced avocado and sliced radishes
- Wrap 10 corn tortillas in a paper towel and place in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and grab 1 tortilla, try to keep the other tortillas covered, so that they stay warm.
- Add your chicken in the center, try not to over fill the tortilla, other wise you won’t be able to roll it shut.
- Then add your shredded cheese, again don’t over fill. Other wise you won’t be able to roll your taquitos tight.
- Now roll your taquitos tight, and place on a greased baking sheet ( I used PAM to grease my baking sheet) and place taquito seem side down. Continue building your taquitos until you run out of ingredients.
- Then spray the tops of the taquitos or you could brush the tops with olive oil or any oil of your choice.
- Place in a 350 F oven and bake for 20 minutes until they are crispy around the edges and golden brown.
- Then place whatever topping you like, I chose to add some sour cream, homemade tomatillo salsa, queso fresco, avocado and radishes. Enjoy!